There can be quite a variety of reasons that an existing project may not retest (either on an automated schedule, or when you click the restest button). Occasionally these also affect PRs or PR Checks.
If you are finding this happening, please review the following common reasons
- The project has been deactivated in Snyk UI. See project settings for more details.
- For a Project that was imported via SCM, the source file has been moved, renamed, or deleted. See Manifest not found and What happens when a project is deleted for more details.
- .NET framework has been changed (each framework is counted as a different project). See Snyk for .NET and Changing .NET Target Framework for more details.
- If a .NET file no longer references an older framework, the older framework's project will be treated the same as one where the source file has been moved/renamed/deleted. You can choose to keep it in the UI for history, deactivate it, or delete it.
- The webhook for project has been removed from the SCM, or could not be created. See here for more details.
- Access Token has expired or credentials are not valid. Please check your tokens to ensure that they have not expired, and the scope is required. See here for more details on setting up SCM integrations.
- SAML/SSO authorisation has been introduced on SCM orgs and Snyk integration has not been authorised for access. Please check your SCM integration settings
- Broker Client is not running or there is a connection issue between Broker Client and Broker Server. See Broker Troubleshooting
If these do not appear to relate to the issue you're seeing, or you need further assistance with identifying the cause or solution, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the org and project/s involved.