Snyk currently has two versions of reporting.
- Next Gen reporting was entered into Open Beta (Snyk Preview) in November 2022, and is the default as of Mid May 2023.
- legacy Snyk reports
Data not showing in reports (either version)
The purpose of the Reports area within the Snyk App is to provide an executive summary view of the status of your Organization(s), and is subject to certain known data delays. Users looking for real-time data on their monitored Projects should seek this information in the Projects area.
Other known reasons for Reports not showing data:
- Read-only and Deactivated Projects and their respective results will not appear in the Reports area
- Reports do not show Projects with no issues/vulnerabilities.
- Legacy reports do not show Snyk Code projects
Data delays in legacy reporting
The data shown in the Reports area of the Snyk App platform is generally delayed by 5-9 hours while raw data is ETL’d (Extracted, Transformed, and Loaded) into the reporting data warehouse.
While the raw data is going through ETL processes, the Snyk Reporting will display no data or zeros in all of the reporting counts starting 1am UTC while the daily reports are being calculated. After ETL completes, reports can take up 1 hour to be fully processed and display the correct data.
Data delays in Next Gen reporting
- Data is available in Next Gen reports approximately one hour after a scan occurs.
- Ignores are not reflected in the reports until a rescan of the Project occurs and the above hour has elapsed.
- Tags or other metadata applied to Projects take approximately one hour to be reflected in the reports.
This feature is currently in Open Beta.
Open Beta features are ready for widespread adoption but not yet a standard part of the Snyk Platform.
Open Beta features may be available via Snyk Preview, or may require activation by the account team or Technical support. Beta features may only be available to customers on a certain plan level.
It is generally recommended to test all Beta features in a separate Organization first to ensure compatibility before enabling them on all Organizations.
Timelines of when/if the feature will be made part of the standard Snyk Platform may not be available.
Incidents and Issues
Any known incidents in delays with the data freshness of Reporting would be recorded on our Status page: https://status.snyk.io
If you feel that the data shown is inaccurate or not explained by the delays mentioned above, please log a support ticket.