A tag is a key and value combination which allow you to add additional custom metadata to projects, through the project issues page.
- Keys are limited to 30 characters
- Values are limited to 50 characters
- Both keys and values allow only alpha numerics and the following characters
Through the UI, you can perform the following actions:
- Create tags for projects
- Assign and remove tags from projects
- Filter projects in the project listing page
To create a new tag for a project:
- On the project issues page, click "Add a key/value..."
- Enter your new key,and then click enter
- Enter your new key, and then click enter
You have created a new tag. Upon creating a new tag, it will be automatically assigned to the project it was created in. The tag is also usable on any other project within your group.
You can also apply multiple values to the same key:
Assigning and removing tags from a project
If a tag exists in your group, you can apply it to any project.
- Click the "+" icon in the tags section
- You can either select a key from the list of recently used keys, or type out the key which is part of the tag you would like to assign to your project
- You can either select a value from the list of recently used values, or type out the value which is part of the tag you would like to assign to your project
- After you select the value, the tag will be assigned to your project. To remove a tag from a project, click the "X" icon on the tag
You have successfully assigned and removed tags from your project.