Administrators can configure the following per license:
- The level of severity— values include None, Low, Medium and High.
- When None is selected, instructions cannot be inserted since licenses marked with None will not appear in any Snyk test results.
- New licenses added by Snyk will inherit the Unknown license type severity. In cases where this severity was not set to None, newly added licenses will appear in Snyk test results.
- Legal instructions for developers—enter free text to provide any necessary instructions for developers.
- We recommend describing your company’s specific policy, explaining the need for collaboration from your developers as well as providing them step-by-step instructions if any are needed
- Legal instructions will appear in the CLI results and on issue cards within the project view
For customers on a Standard plan, organization administrators can make license policy changes. For Pro and Enterprise customers, only group administrators have the ability to create or modify a policy.
Assign rules and severities
- From the Policy modal, click in the Severity box on the right hand side to set the severity for specific licenses
- To enter an explanation and recommendations for remediation, click the Instructions icon and enter your text
- Click Add to save your changes to the instructions
- Once added, the Add instructions link becomes Edit instructions
- Select Submit to save your policy.
- The new severity and/or instructions are automatically updated on our servers. Once the next scheduled test runs, or once any user re-tests a project. Updated results are delivered according to these changes.