Administrators can configure the following per license:
- The level of severity— values include None, Low, Medium and High.
- When None is selected, instructions cannot be inserted since licenses marked with None will not appear in any Snyk test results.
- Legal instructions for developers—enter free text to provide any necessary instructions for developers.
- We recommend describing your company’s specific policy, explaining the need for collaboration from your developers as well as providing them step-by-step instructions if any are needed
- Legal instructions will appear in the CLI results and on issue cards within the project view
For customers on a Standard plan, organization administrators can make license policy changes. For Pro and Enterprise customers, only group administrators have the ability to create or modify a policy.
Assign rules and severities
- From the Policy modal, click in the Severity box on the right hand side to set the severity for specific licenses
- To enter an explanation and recommendations for remediation, click the Instructions icon and enter your text
- Click Add to save your changes to the instructions
- Once added, the Add instructions link becomes Edit instructions
The new severity is automatically updated on our servers. Once the next scheduled test runs, or once any user re-tests a project. Updated results are delivered according to these changes.